Moulding Process Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
To provide technical moulding resource to the Technical Manager by way of undertaking all mould trials for new and existing products.
To take ownership of tooling repairs and modifications, liaising with suppliers to determine costs & requirements and providing detailed information to the Technical Manager in order to raise quotations and manage costs.
- Raising sample requests as necessary and coordinating with the Project Engineer and Planner to ensure all trials are carried out within the specified time.
- To maintain sample records including adequate logging of retained samples, completion of Sample Setting Sheets and Tool Trial Reports.
- Coordinating with the Quality Engineer to ensure samples are of adequate standards and that all relevant paperwork is submitted.
- To work with the Tooling Maintenance Engineer to coordinate ‘non-chargeable’ repairs as necessary.
- To liaise with sub contract toolmakers to coordinate ‘chargeable’ repairs and modifications as necessary.
- To provide a troubleshooting resource to the mould shop in response to Technical Support Requests.
- To support with team events such as 8D and APQP reviews.
- To assist in providing automated solutions throughout the mouldshop processes in order to improve labour efficiencies.
- To provide additional resource to the Technical Manager in relation to
- Design For Manufacture
- Material Selection
- Tool Design
- Fault rectification through process, tooling or design alteration
Magma are quality injection moulders with an excellent reputation for technically demanding moulding at the forefront of material and technical developments. We produce and assemble Trunki suitcases for our parent company Magmatic as well as producing a wide variety of plastic mouldings for the automotive, defence, consumer, safety and building products markets.
Our parent company, Magmatic design and distribute award winning children's travel products under the Trunki brand. They are a market leading company, selling internationally to over 40 countries and to major UK retailers and independents in the nursery, toy and luggage markets. Their aim is to make travelling with children as enjoyable as possible with affordable and innovative products.
Magma’s goal is to become a world class moulder, using the full breadth of materials and its engineering skills to bring manufacturing back to the UK at a competitive price.
Major Job Challenges
To undertake product samples in a busy mould shop where press time is at a premium and resource is limited.
You will be expected to undertake many of your own tool changes and a fully ‘hands on’ approach will be expected.
Apply for Moulding Process Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly