Smart Tenant Key Workers
Cornwall Rural Community Charity (CRCC) is a Cornish charity that informs and guides local groups and individuals to achieve their aspirations and develop sustainable, inclusive communities.
CRCC is a partner in a contract delivering financial capability support for social housing tenants across Cornwall. We currently have the following vacancies:
Smart Tenant Key Workers
35 hours FTE per week – part-time / job share applicants welcomed
Based in East / Mid / West Cornwall
Providing financial capability support for social housing tenants
Salary £22,500 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
Fixed term to 30 September 2019 subject to funding
Working within the skills team you will provide financial capability support for social housing tenants in Cornwall. The role involves working with tenants, usually in their homes, to provide support through creation of an initial assessment followed up with a series of action plans to deliver financial capability support. This could include: budgeting, debt signposting, lending, benefits, credit and smart savings. You will work alongside tenants to empower them to prioritise and remove the immediate financial risks whilst upskilling through the action plan to protect against future financial risk.
You will have:
- Experience of working with social housing tenants or an understanding of current financial and social issues facing tenants
- Up to date knowledge of budgeting, debt signposting, lending, benefits, credit and smart savings
- Experience of working with people who are in a crisis situation
- Experience of prioritising financial risks
- Experience of empowering people
- Experience of training/leading/supporting people to complete tasks
- Experience of generating and completing action plans
- Proven track record in outcome based programmes around supporting people into employment
You will have good communication skills and a strong commitment to equality of opportunity, respecting the nine protected characteristics of The Equality Act 2010.
This posts are office/hub based in East / Mid / West Cornwall
Closing date: 27 July 2017 at 12.00 noon
Interviews: 3 or 4 August 2017 in Truro
For an application pack please click the apply button to be directed – unfortunately CVs cannot be accepted.
Please state clearly on your application form the post you are applying for.
CRCC is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and welcomes diversity
Charity Reg No 1087550
Company Reg No 4144745