Business Support Assistant
3 days left
- Full Time
iSightCornwall an independent charity and the first centre of resource for all in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who are affected by sight loss. Our work began 160 years ago, and is as relevant today as it was then.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated assistant to work closely with the Chief Executive and the Director of Operations by providing the full range of PA support and business administration to HR, finance and general office functions.
You will work and meet with a wide range of people across the Charity, including the Charity’s Trustees, clients, volunteers, donors, partners and stakeholders and importantly, be an essential part of the iSightCornwall team.
The role will be very varied, working across management and operational projects, ensuring that deadlines are met, tracking to ensure that targets are hit, and providing top class proactive assistance to support the management team with their varying requirements.
You will need to demonstrate ability to find solutions to issues arising from daily workload within the recognised procedures. At all times seek to increase your operational efficiency and effectiveness through reviewing daily work activities and making recommendations on how process and practice can be improved.
If you are looking for a job with variety and challenges then this role will not disappoint!
This is a full time post of 37 hours per week – flexible hours will be considered. The hours are 9am to 4:30pm with 10 evening meetings per year.
- Personal assistant to the Chief Executive and the Director of Operations
- Oversee the general running of the senior management’s responsibilities
- Manage office correspondence including incoming post, email and telephone calls, prioritise and allocate correspondence to service areas
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing
- Liaise with Trustees on behalf of the Chief Executive, compile, produce and circulate papers and administer Board meetings
- Manage office supplies, maintain adequate stock levels, order supplies and ensure best value
- Carry out background research and produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Assist with invoicing, payroll, financial processing
- Assist with HR administration, recruitment process, coordinate inductions
- Prepare and maintain reports, meeting notes and minutes and ensuring follow up actions are taken forward
- Support corporate fundraising events and smooth running of the Resource Centre and online
- General business administration and assistance to colleagues as required
You will be highly motivated, determined, tenacious and persuasive, with excellent organisational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Full UK driving licence
- Use of own car (occasional work travel is required, a business car is available)
- Confident and personable
- The ability to be a team player
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong IT skills
Previous experience of working in the Third / Public Sector
Please complete application form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July at 12 midday
Apply for Business Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly