My client based in the Reduth area is looking to recruit a Claims Handler to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to develop a positive, friendly and supportive working relationship with a wide range of external customers, usually on the telephone, from property and business
owners/managers to insurance loss adjusters and claims staff.
The chosen candidate will deal with daily challenges in a dynamic environment with a collaborative, results-oriented approach. The role will involve rapidly re-focusing and re-prioritising work in a fast-moving environment and thinking on their feet to solve customer problems.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
• To collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim over the telephone.
• To support the management team in delivering outcomes for our customers
• To deliver excellent customer service and keep customers informed
• To ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
• To adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
• To analyse information to make judgement calls.
• To build relationships with loss adjusters as well as other legal/claims professionals.
• To manage claims to completion
• To assist with continual improvement in the quality and efficiency of service to customers by encouraging collaborative relationships with suppliers, sub-contractors and support teams.
• To undertake other general administrative duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the company
• Ability to make accurate and detailed claim intakes.
• Ability to be professional and helpful on the telephone.
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment, multi task and be flexible to change
• Ability to follow standard procedures to ensure proper administration of the company and projects.
• Ability to work in collaboration with your team, our suppliers, sub-contractors and support teams and maintain good business relationships with work referrers.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to training and development within the job role and undertake any training events/courses that may be arranged.
• A good work ethic, natural optimism, energy, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude and be resilient.
• Buy into company values, and have a desire to work in line with these and professional ways of working.
• Ability to use a variety of IT packages.
• Degree level qualification or comparable relevant experience
• Experience of working in the insurance industry.
This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis with excellent development opportunities.