DEVONPORT HEALTH CENTRE
ADMIN PROTOCOL 032
SENIOR RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
- To provide a service to the Doctor's minimising any complications that may occur, ensuring that the Reception area is covered at all times.
- Ensure smooth running of the Reception and that daily and allocated administration tasks are carried out correctly.
- To ensure that the patients are assisted to the fullest, able to have accurate communication and health care and be a polite and pleasant representative of the Practice.
- The Practice Manager.
- The Doctors.
DAILY TASKS - These tasks are only a rough guideline and Practice Procedures should be followed to the fullest. In no way does this outline supersede the Procedures to which it refers.
- The surgery is open and adequately staffed between 8am and 6pm at Devonport Health Centre.
- The Receptionists carry out their duties in accordance with Job Description and current policy.
- Patients are registered correctly and the GP Link is checked and actioned by receptionists on a daily basis.
- Pathology Results not matched to clinician or patient are checked.
TASKS - AS REQUIRED
- Produce a staff rota including holiday and sickness relief.
- Delegate adhoc tasks and ensure completed.
- Ensure policies and changes are disseminated with appropriate training where needed.
- Liaise with the Practice Manager when reception difficulties are highlighted.
- Audit receptionists daily tasks to ensure carried out to protocol.
- Ensure NHS Admin Supplies are held at appropriate levels and liaise with the nominated staff member who orders stationary.
- Attend Team Meetings and Clinical Governance afternoons as required (minutes will be circulated which you are required to read and sign to confirm you have done so.)
MAINTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Child Immunisations.
- Completion of the Open Exeter Child Immunisation sheets.
- Substance misuse prescribing.
- Chronic Condition Recall Process
- Typing of letters and use of Choose and Book and patient referral system
- The above tasks are to be carried out to the fullest ability of each member of staff with any irregularities being reported to the Practice Manager.
- Additional tasks may be required as the Health Service Procedures change.