Senior Safety Assurance Engineer (SHE Assurance)
Senior Safety Assurance Engineer (SHE)
Devonport Royal Dockyard
GBP40 - GBP55 p/h
A restructuring of the safety support and delivery function at Devonport has created an exciting opportunity for safety/quality professionals to help build an effective assurance framework in support of the business.
Working closely with key stakeholders, the new Safety Assurance function will facilitate alignment of the Safety Management System with the developing ISO45001 standard, establishing clear ownership of compliance arrangements within the business.
Designing and implementing an integrated audit strategy, the function will establish clear metrics and reporting criteria, highlighting to the DRDL Board the status of risk management and compliance within their operations and informing decision-making.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- As a qualified and experienced safety and/or quality professional you will relish this new challenge to support and guide the business through a period of transformation in safety assurance.
- You will have a thorough understanding of management systems and a track record of influencing organisations to seek and exploit opportunities for business improvement through effective and proportionate risk management.
Senior Safety Assurance Engineer principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- To support the Safety Assurance Manager in the transformation of the DRDL Safety Management System in accordance with the agreed ConOps for SHE Assurance.
- To support the Safety Assurance Manager in the production of an annual assurance audit plan for DRDL operations.
- The Planning, preparation, conducting, reporting and follow-up of audits to assure compliance with the requirements of the Business Management System, ISO45001 (when established) and other regulatory and customer contractual requirements the organisation is required to comply with.
- To facilitate continuous improvement throughout the business through the identification and sharing of good practice between Business Units.
- To liaise with all levels of management across the organisation to establish their programmes of related work and timing of internal, external and supplier audit activities.
- To conduct reactive audits/investigations and risk assessments as directed by the Safety Assurance Manager.
- To undertake any duties and responsibilities in support of the Business Management System as directed by the Safety Assurance Manager.
- To assist the Safety Assurance Manager in reviewing business HS(D) policies, processes and support documents, ensuring compliance is maintained throughout the revision process.
- To substitute for other SSAEs in the event of leave, sickness etc.
- To liaise with and assist Regulators, Certification Bodies and customer representatives in the execution of their assessments/audits and the monitoring and verification of any resultant findings with the managers concerned.