Support Worker - 25 hours Heamoor & Penzance
We are currently recruiting support staff to join our team in West Cornwall where we have two supported living homes together with people who we support to live independently in their own homes. There is a mix of gender and individual abilities. All of the people that we work with have learning disabilities and some have individual mental health needs or are on the autistic spectrum. The key ethos of the support provided is to enable people to be as independent as possible within their abilities.
The work will involve offering daily support to adults with a learning disability which can include some low level personal care, support with shopping, budgeting, decision making and support at day activities including swimming and horticulture. The role is designed to enable people to take advantage of person-centred support which helps individuals develop within a supported living environment, offering care and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is the opportunity for some outreach support for people in their own homes to support with independence, social inclusion, activities etc.
You would be joining an experienced, friendly staff team on a rota basis which will include some weekend and overnight sleep-in work. There is currently a house car and so a full, clean driving licence would be an advantage but is not essential.
This role will suit an outgoing individual who is committed to supporting people to achieve their best. We are looking for someone who can relate to adults with learning disabilities and is motivated to look for opportunities and ways of working with people which can give new experiences. Good timekeeping and reliability are essential and a degree of flexibility would also be an advantage as sometimes there will be a need to support other team members in covering shifts. Good, clear communication and record keeping are important elements of the role. Full training and support will be provided to all successful candidates.
If you think that this role might suit you and you are passionate about supporting people to reach their full potential than we would be very keen to hear from you.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Job ID: 6918