Support Worker - 30 hours Maternity cover - Truro
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our team to cover maternity leave at our registered care home in Truro, Cornwall. The contract will be to provide cover up to April 2018
At this service offer high quality support to our seven residents who live with various learning disabilities. Our staff are dedicated and passionate about their work and we are looking for someone who shares these same values.
Some of the things you will supporting them with include preparing healthy meals, assisting with personal care, helping them to understand their money and taking them to the local community. Some of the things they enjoy the most include going shopping and chatting and would love to be supported by someone with a similar interest. As a Support Worker you will encourage people we support to try new things to exercise their personal development.
To be successful in this role you don't need a list of qualifications as we provide you with full training, however you will need to be someone who has a 'get up and go' attitude and passionate about making a positive change.
If you want to start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our dedicated team of Support Workers and create more opportunities for the people we support.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 6916
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract