Support worker - 30 Hours Truro
Do you want to finish work each day feeling like you have made a difference? We are looking for Support Workers to join our team in Truro, Cornwall where we provide support to 7 residents in a beautiful house.
We provide high quality service to the people we support who all have got different learning disabilities from late stage dementia to someone with a mild learning disability who will go out walking independently. The role will include supporting people with day placements, shopping in Truro and daily living tasks such as baking, cleaning, banking and crafts.
The house consists of 5 gentlemen and 2 ladies. Six of the people we support go to day placements throughout the week and they appear to love being busy. On the weekends the people we support will sometimes go out all together on day trips such as bowling or to the Zoo. Most of the people we support have lived in this house for 30 years and are very sociable people.
This is a registered care home where we provide 24 -hour support with sleep-ins.
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role you must be willing to work flexibly as and when. You will work on a rota basis which will be varied each month as this accommodates the people we support here. You will work every other weekend, the shift patterns are mornings, evenings and sleep ins.
The successful candidate will need to workwell within a team and have a positive attitude, we would like someone who is willing to improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
If you would like to help support this outgoing, and sociable group, who have a wonderfully full and active lives, please apply and tell us why you would be a fantastic match. We include the people that you will support during all of our selection processes and we take a person centred approach to recruitment. Please download 'Additional details' to learn more about the people you will be supporting.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 6982
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract