Relief Support Worker - Altarnun, Cornwall
We are currently recruiting for relief support staff to join our supported living service in Altarnun, Cornwall.
We provide 24 hour support with sleep-ins for two gentleman living with learning disabilities who are in their 40's.
Both gentlemen are verbal communication, one of them uses some signs and pictures and likes trains, watching people, being involved in cooking and baking, music and watching TV.
The other gentleman loves to be out, going for walks on the moor or beach, he goes horse riding and to the hydro therapy pool. He also loves his sensory room and cups of tea.
The work will include dealing with challenging behaviours, medication administration, personal care, cooking, shopping, going out for walks, horse-riding and visiting the hydro-pool. For this reason, applicant will need to have a full driving licence.
Ideally applicants will be open minded, easy going, ready to up and go, outdoor person, creative and calm. If this describes you then we would really love to hear from you.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract