3 days left
- Full Time
PLYMOUTH - TO £45K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE - RELOCATION AVAILABLE
We are looking for experienced Developers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Development Team, currently around 30 people, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects using the latest technologies means that you can really showcase your skills. This role requires strong technical skills to ensure that systems are built in a maintainable, secure and scalable manner.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in a matrix team environment, often in an agile way, with other Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects - some client-facing, others around product development.
- You will work closely with our solutions analysts to deliver well considered, easy to use, attractive web based applications.
- You'll contribute towards our goal of continually improving our development processes and delivering outstanding software.
- Help our Sales Teams to win more business by providing estimations and technical advice for quotes and bids.
- From time to time, deliver off-site consultancy, training and attend client meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a good understanding of system design and the ability to orchestrate systems and workflows.
- You have a good knowledge of web services and the use of api's.
- You understand basic design principles such as the separation of concerns.
- You have proven skills of taking other peoples designs through to final code deployment.
- You have experience of working with dynamic web applications.
- Other computing languages would also be beneficial.
- Any experience of automated testing software such as JMeter and Selenium would be beneficial.
- Any knowledge and experience of applying UX principles and User Centred Design would also be beneficial.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
The team enjoys a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training. View the full list of benefits here.
If you have any great examples of your recent work, please include a link and brief description alongside your application.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button.