Support Worker - Penzance - 16 hours
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for someone to support a gentleman who lives a very active life, he needs a positive, energetic and compassionate support worker to help plan activities/days out/placements and to support with financial budgeting, meal planning, healthy eating, cooking and household tasks.
We're looking for a team player who is an excellent communicator, with a great sense of humour who will encourage and plan social activities, promote choice and independence, as well as engaging in everyday activities such as D.I.Y, long walks and visiting local shops,cafes and seasonal events.
The gentleman you will be supporting is a very independent, well traveled person who enjoys building rapport with his staff team, likes music and watching the soaps as well as having a particular talent for all things D.I.Y. He enjoys having a coffee and talking with his team, going for long walks locally, adding to his collection of locks and keys, pottering in his shed, going to the cinema and cooking together with his team. He also enjoys spending time with his family.
This role would suit someone who is energetic, upbeat, can promote choice, offer ideas and is a good motivator!
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 7116
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract