Support Worker - Launceston
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for caring, confident and keen Support workers to join our team supporting 4 gentlemen with a learning disability in our supported living service in Launceston.
This is an interesting and varied role. As a Support Worker you will be providing support with personal care, medication, shopping and preparing meals and all other tasks associated with maintaining a habitable home.
In addition to this, you will be supporting them to access the community and participate in the activities they enjoy. These include horse-riding, bowling, swimming, cinema and evening clubs.
Please click on 'Additional Details' to learn more about the people we support. If you are caring, enthusiastic, motivated and want to support somebody to lead a fulfilled and enjoyable life then apply now!
You will be required to work flexibly across the weekday and weekends and sleep-ins are part of the role. Use of own car to support with activities in the community is also desirable for which mileage will be reimbursed.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 6980
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract