Support worker - (Various Hours Available) Liskeard, Cornwall
Mencap are recruiting support workers to join our team in Liskeard, Cornwall on various flexible contracts.
We support two adults with learning disabilities, one of which has complex needs, severe epilepsy and is non-verbal. You will be working to support all aspects of their care in order to increase and develop their skills with a view to improve their quality of life.
Both individuals enjoy going on holiday, going to the theatre and art as well as daily activities such as housework and shopping.
The role would suit a motivated, enthusiastic and friendly individual who is comfortable with all aspects of personal care. A full driving licence is essential and a confident swimmer is preferred in order to provide support with activities.
The people that we support have 24 hour support including sleep-ins and shifts can be negotiated accordingly.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the life of someone else and are positive and motivated then we would really like to hear from you.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidates (Paid by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract