Membership and Marketing Co-ordinator
"The Cornwall Association of Tourist Attractions"
You may be more familiar with our marketing brand "Best Days Out Cornwall" which has an on-line presence for visitors planning a trip to Cornwall and a printed guide that is widely distributed throughout the county. Our guide targets visitors who have arrived in Cornwall and are looking for "great places to visit".
We are a friendly group of 40 quality attractions in Cornwall who are determined to:-
- Raise and maintain the standards of member attractions for the benefit of holidaymakers, the economy of Cornwall and the members themselves.
- Represent the interests of the tourist attraction industry and to assist individual members through collective action.
- Facilitate, as agents, the co-operative promotion of member attractions.
In short, for over 40 years, the association has been working to improve the quality of the visitor experience in Cornwall. CATA members represent the highest standards of quality, in accordance with our widely acknowledged and long established policy and strict membership accreditation scheme.
You are a great communicator (both verbally and written), confident, enthusiastic and committed to the further development of "CATA" and its brand "Best Days Out Cornwall".
You are an "Organisational Hero" who thrives on the responsibility to make a positive impact! You are versatile, self motivated and able to respond to an ever changing environment as your role expands.
This is a home-based role with the opportunity to hot desk at The Eden Project and possibly other visitor attractions within the group if a nearer location is preferable.
Your Role Summarised
The Membership and Marketing Co-ordinator ensures the efficient administration of the association, provides support to the chair and vice chair and implements the decisions made by the exec committee. It's not all desk based though! We will also need you to hop in your car and head-up our annual inspections, as well as attend all meetings of the association and its exec committee.
This is a part-time role working an average of 12hrs per week, reporting into the CATA chair.
You will have the potential to grow your role and in return for increasing revenues and productivity may be offered more hours per week in the future.
You will be rewarded with a generous hourly rate between £12 and £15 dependant on experience
Your Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for all day-to-day correspondence, requests for information and communication including:-
- Working hand in glove with our social media officer to help deliver marketing campaigns, ensure members maintain their website pages; plus providing all information they may require to swiftly answer enquiries
- Liaising with printers and designers to obtain quotes, organise schedules and ensure all file specifications are met and understood by our members
- Communications with CATA Chairman, Officers and Members – all queries, every day!
- Engage with PR companies and media representatives
- Build and maintain relationships with distributors of our printed guide
- Welcome prospective members and promote member benefits
- Mentor prospective members to help them achieve memberships standards
- Make all arrangements for all general meetings, committee meetings and any special events and social occasions to include the Cornwall Tourism Awards
- To minute all meetings as appropriate & distribute to all members digitally
- Timely distribution of information to member with regard to meetings, information sharing and any other related information
- Create and oversee the marketing plan/schedule with our social media officer to ensure deadlines are met
- Management of the annual inspection schedule and building appropriate inspection teams
- Management of the distribution of guides inspections at member attractions
- Management of contact and members data bases
- Maintain and improve filing systems allowing information to be easily accessed by the Chair and Vice Chair in the secretary's absence
- All administration duties must be consistently up to date and readily available to the chair
- Annually check all member websites re the Best Days Out Cornwall Logo, to ensure it is displayed and links through to the CATA website and follow up with members where this is not the case
The successful candidate will also need to carry out any other reasonable request or duty from the executive committee or members to support the association as and when necessary.
Away from the desk but usually in county
The Membership and Marketing Co-ordinator’s duties include attending the following:-
- All General Meetings, Executive Committee meetings and special meetings of the Association. There are minimum of 4 general meetings and a minimum of 4 executive committee meetings annually
- All inspections of new applicants and members seeking re-appointment
- All other meetings as deemed appropriate by the CATA officers & Members.
Making the job your own
Explore new and potential income streams
Over see and introduce new initiatives and promotions
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Emma Abbott, Chairman of CATA at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd March 2017. Interviews will be held at the Eden Project week commencing 27th March 2017