Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
Newlyn School of Art is a leading provider of short art courses and year-long mentoring for artists from around the country. Based in the famous artistic colony of Newlyn in West Cornwall, the art school provides courses throughout the year.
A great opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. You will be required to assist with a range of administrative tasks to support the continued success and growth of the art school.
No day will be the same as you will be involved in a wide variety of duties, including:-
- Being part of the team dealing with general administration in the busy office
- Welcoming our students to the school
- Offering a prompt and friendly response to telephone calls and enquiries from attending students and visitors
- Student enrolment onto short courses
- Dealing with suppliers via telephone and email
- Other duties as required to support finance including purchasing, weekly stock control and processing invoices
- Some marketing to include updating information on our website and helping to compile blog posts and newsletters.
We are looking for someone who has experience of offering successful administrative support, who can learn quickly and is friendly and confident when dealing with the public in person and on the phone.
You should be proactive, with a positive attitude and have strong IT skills; in particular Outlook, Word and Excel with excellent numeracy and written English. You must have strong organisational skills, attention to detail must be a strength and ultimately have a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Desirable but not essential skills include some book keeping experience, an interest in Art and some experience writing blogs or newsletters.
Salary £15,470 (includes non-contributory medical after 3 months and free onsite parking)
The closing date for applications is 6.00pm Thursday 30th March 2017.
Please apply by sending your CV, for the attention of Sasha Garfit below