Commis Chef, St Ives
We are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our small, but sometimes very busy kitchen team at Tate St Ives. This is a very exciting time at Tate St Ives as we prepare for the re-opening of the gallery following our major refurbishment. Our Commis Chef will be required to work a minimum of 16 hours per week on a seasonal basis, with the opportunity of working up to full-time hours as the business requires. The summer months are very busy of course, and we often reduce our operating hours over winter
Successful candidates will be available to work weekends, and they will have:
• previous experience in a kitchen as a Commis Chef or General Assistant
• some food knowledge and a desire to learn more
• excellent knowledge of health & safety and food hygiene
• strong, positive and professional communications skills
• some understanding of cost control and minimising waste
• consistently great food production skills, in line with the high quality standards expected by Tate Catering.
So if you have a passion to learn and a drive to succeed in your career, we'd love you to apply today and tell us why you are the best person for the job. In addition to a spectacular place of work, we offer great benefits, including great discounts in our shops and cafés, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.