Home Care Assistant (£8.05 - £8.35 per hour)
1 day left
- Contract Type
Home Care Assistant – Variety of contract and hours available
Premier Care (Plymouth) Ltd
Premier Care (Plymouth) Ltd have been providing high quality care to some of the most vulnerable and complex people in Plymouth since 2006 and we are now looking to recruit Home Care Assistants to help us develop an exciting new home care service in the Plymouth area.
Premier Care provides support and care services for individuals who have learning disabilities, individuals who have physical disabilities, older people with learning disabilities, elderly people, people with sensory loss and people who have mental health needs.
What we Offer
- Paid mileage expenses and travel time between visits
- Paid training
- Free DBS Check and Uniform
- Development Opportunities including the care certificate and diploma level 2 qualification in health and social care
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement
- Enhanced pay for weekends
Below is a list of tasks that you, as a Home Care worker, may be required to carry out while working for Premier Care (Plymouth) Ltd. This list is not exhaustive but does contain some of the main duties in the role of a Home Care Assistant.
- To assist the service user with their personal hygiene needs including bathing/ showering and dressing.
- To write legible and factual records of day to day events as required.
- To prepare meals and snacks for the service users and possibly assist with feeding where necessary.
- To undertake shopping and financial transactions on behalf of the service user in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To assist with medication tasks.
- To transport service users to appointments, shopping or on outings as and when required. This is subject to having business insurance
- To help and promote social activities
- To undertake domestic cleaning tasks.
- To promote continence management including catheter/stoma care and emptying commodes.
It is essential that Home Care Workers possess the following qualities:
• Self-motivated and well organised.
• Caring and sensitive to the needs of others
• Ability to use own initiative
• Ability to communicate effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.05 - £8.35
• Plymouth, Devon
• Care Assistant: 6 months
Required licence or certification:
• Driving License & business insurance essential
• Completed Care Certificate or Diploma / NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• Transferable DBS
• Confident in the use of information technology
Donna Madge or Jade Eliis via email email@example.com or phone (01752) 547252
Apply for Home Care Assistant (£8.05 - £8.35 per hour)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly