Linux Systems Engineer
Linux Systems Engineer
Plymouth Competitive Salary - Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Linux System Engineer. You will become part of an awesome team of professionals who are totally passionate about technology. On a daily basis they support, maintain and develop internal data centre, cloud and hosting solutions whilst working on a variety of internal and external projects in a dynamic environment.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
What you'll do
- You will provide a high level of support to our clients by deploying project work, support fixes, application patches and upgrades as well as setting up client environments from scratch.
- You will provide an excellent hosting and managed service to over 40 clients and proactively look to improve their services.
- Your work will be diverse and you will have the opportunity to get involved in projects ranging from systems administration, troubleshooting, designing and development as well as many other fascinating things across various technologies.
- You will innovate. The team consists of proper geeks that live and breathe technology. All ideas are welcomed and discussed. You will also have a spare time during your working hours to progress your own ideas.
Who you are
- You will ideally have experience gained within a technical environment and knowledge gained via professional work or self-development.
- You will have some or all of the skills below:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS Linux, Debian Linux, Apache httpd (web server), Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, Windows Server Update Services, Red Hat Satellite / Spacewalk, Cacti graphing solution, knowledge of SSH, Knowledge of Remote Desktop, Cisco firewalls, switches and routers, knowledge of common network protocols. Knowledge of virtualisation concepts and platforms, Experience with physical equipment management within a data centre, Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012.
However don't worry if you don't know everything on the list. If you are confident with Linux and love technology, it is always worth chatting with us about the role.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
Previous Applicants Need not Apply.
To apply, please visit our website via the APPLY BUTTON.